Wednesday 20 March 2013

A Trifle Stretched!

Hi Folks,

As usual its my second day off and I was wondering what to do with my time, apart from the usual chores etc...


So, for today's disaster...
I finished the washing, where I managed to stretch a jumper... (the pink one is the right size!)

It'll be good as a Sloppy Joe jumper now so not such a catastrophe, but will hubby ever wear it again? Especially if I wear it in and give it boobs! lol  To be honest it was my first and only attempt at knitting and although pleased with the result it took for ever to finish, so no, I'll not be picking up knitting needles again.




Also,
I've replied to an email from an author called Tim Davis whose book 'Sea Cutter' I finished yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it took me way back to a child again enjoying my first adventure story. I really recommend it if you have kids who need a little help in 'wanting' to read. This book will keep kids involved at the right level until the last page and have them wanting to go to the library/book shop for number 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Cutter-Chronicles-Nathaniel-Childe/dp/0615719015/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363774257&sr=8-1&keywords=sea+cutter

I've also been whiling away my time searching around different blogs and found some amazing images on a blog called Earth Blog... take this one,







Apparently its the Orian Nebula. How beautiful is that? 






This one is the Aurora over Norway! I've never been but I'd love to see it for real.




The Earth is rather a small place and on that note, I've a story for you...

Last December my son and his lovely lady married in Antigua. (not that that's funny lol) Anyway, most of the family went and had a ball, its a great place. On the Sunday before we came home we went to a place called Shirleys Heights. The top of a mountain that used to be a guard point covering the open sea. Now its become a local tourist attraction, not just for the amazing views but for the Caribbean oil drum music that is played into the wee small hours. The place gets very noisy and packed with holiday makers and Local people all enjoying the wonderful ambiance.
Being a tourist I panned my camera around videoing everything and stopped short almost dropping the camera to be trampled by the dancing hoards...  In my view finder was a face I knew! Believe it or not a couple I work alongside occasionally were there too. 2.5 thousand miles from home and I bump into work colleagues. Kind of makes your 'own doorstep' pretty small don't you think?

Us going into the sea in all our finery! (and my Phase Eight dress survived to live another day!)

I kind of like this one too, I told my son 'he was lucky I didn't lick the tissue'! lol

Anyway, 'Tempus Fugit' and all that, need to go shoppping...

1 comment:

  1. Great post Dee! and lovely photos, that nebula is beautiful isnt it! Keep up the good work, love reading your blog! And that jumper is wonderful, such talent! x x x Sylvie

    ReplyDelete