Sunday 5 May 2013

A teeny weeny moan!

Hi,

I've been reviewing 'The Tessellation Saga,' with a view to re-publishing.  Obviously I've always known it's a long book but reviewing it again and again makes it seem twice as long and trying to get the punctuation right, with the correct number of spaces between words and apostrophes in the right places is a nightmare.  I'm the type of writer who just stares at the keyboard and uses between five or six of my fingers to actually type, so my thoughts flow quicker than my fingers can record them.  If I'm on a roll, so to speak, I might not actually look at the screen for a number of minutes and by then of course my punctuation is shot!  This is probably why professional editors and proof readers are soooo expensive, it's a time consuming and tedious task.  As for the story itself, I love it and am loving Tess 2, 'MeGath' even more but again I'm going to have to go over and over the story lovingly trying to get the copy right.  I really did pay attention during my many English classes at school honestly, but if there is such a thing as 'Punctuation for Dummies' I probably need it!  My favourite English teacher was a Mrs Head, I expect she'd shudder to read some of my stuff.  Sorry, Mrs H.  
'BLUE'
When I start to feel like I'm losing the will to breath, let alone add or remove another apostrophe or semi-colon, I look at the drawing of 'Blue' the wolf in my story, drawn by my beautiful and talented daughter in law Franci.  The drawing took patience and time and she must have had to know the wolf itself in order to re-create him  so wonderfully from my words.  So, 'Blue', back to the drawing board, or keypad in my case. 
Oh just a thought but I'm sure there's an old English study book about somewhere...  perhaps I should venture back into the Attic! lol

Byeeeeeeeeeeee........

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment