Sunday 21 April 2013

If I had a brain...

Hi guys...

I've just spent about 30 mins trying to 'log on' to write a post only for the website to tell me I was using the wrong email or password... So frustrating, especially when I absolutely know for sure its not wrong. Until of course I suddenly remember one of the letters was supposed to be a capital. DUH!!!

Anyway today the sun is shining brightly, although it's not too warm and its my baby boy's birthday. ( not that he's much of a baby anymore and he no longer lives at home, he lives in South Africa with his lovely fiancee.)




      HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEWIS!



This is one of my favourite pictures of them both. They are both very clever and artistic people, if you need a wedding cake and live anywhere near Tzaneen for example, try Franci's
 'The Occasional Cake' site.



 I visited them both in South Africa  the year before last and had a fantastic time, one of the most memorable bits was  helping with the bees. South African bees are supposed to be very aggressive and are huge but the honey is amazing!


The kids keep the bees well away up on the side of a mountain and its quite a trek to get to them, so after we suited, booted and did running repairs with sticky tape we headed off in the back of a lorry. The bees were quite drowsy and stayed that way with the help of lots of smoke but it was certainly an experience I'll 
never forget. 
 Me, washing down the honey!
I'm on the right!





Anyhoo... as I said at the beginning its a bright and sunny day and my garden needs attention so I'll have to go, it's nowhere near as warm here as in SA but I'm sure our good old English or European bees will appreciate the wealth of flowers when they bloom in the summer.

 Ooops did I mention the 'S' word (shhh...) just in case today is it! lol

Byeeeeeeeeeee... till next time. 

Oh a tiny P.S. 
I'm reading 'ODD HOURS' by Dean Koontz, its one of a series and well worth a read if you are not too busy reading 'The Tessellation Saga' by D J Ridgway of course.. :)    

.-.-.-










No comments:

Post a Comment