Thursday 11 April 2013

Hello folks,

On Sunday I downloaded the sample of 'The Wretched of Muirwood' by Jeff Wheeler available on Amazon for Kindles. Yesterday I downloaded the rest of the book and spent a lot of the day reading it. (Obviously it was a day off although reading for a living would be a great job too eh!)  The only time I spent away from my kindle was whilst I was either eating,  working on Tessellation or working out at a Zumba class with Alex Henry. I've added a picture, it's not a good one but the music is great, the workout is fun, I've lost loads of weight and am fitter than I've been in years. All of which I loved doing but hey, I'm digressing...


  
I'm on the left of the lady in the beige outfit!
The Wretched of Muirwood, I really enjoyed it and finished it in one sitting. The digital world is great isn't it? I used my kindle to post a review and also left a quick message on Twitter and hey ho, I not only got re-tweeted but had a comment back from the author, not the first time an author has got back to me and its gratifying to think my comments actually mean something.

This morning I downloaded the 2nd book in the series and have forbidden myself to turn on the kindle until I've actually done some work. Yes, today is a work day but as I work shifts and don't start until later I'm quite happy rambling on here... lol

Anyway, the point is that I've read some great books lately, all of which have been lovingly edited and proof-read, I can only hope Tessellation is as good. I've already told you in a past post how the story came about and the weird way in which the chapters were written. I wrote it all on Microsoft Word, not worrying about how many pages or how many words there were because I wasn't thinking of publishing it at the time, I was just enjoying the story. I still am but I never before realised that to actually get a book ready and 'out there' was the hard part. 

Got it on 'Wowcher'
Yesterday a package arrived through the post. A 'Write your own Novel' program, brought from Wowcher for a silly price. Its rather amazing,  It plans out your book has written prompts, notes characters and backgrounds, edits events and keeps track of all of your characters, even generating random characters for you. A far cry from my  Microsoft Word and many hand written notes. I'm looking at it as I speak but must confess I have not actually taken it out of its wrapper yet!  
Scary isn't it? Will my puny little brain be able to handle such an idea, if I actually get to open it I'll let you know. Meantime I think I'll stick to my Word and worry about my editing and proof reading! That is a major task all of its own. Now if someone could explain the singular peculiarities of the English language  and how an apostrophe is supposed to work... That I would pay good money for! lol

'Tempus Fugit' and all that work calls......................

Til next time, 
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee





No comments:

Post a Comment