Monday 5 November 2012

5DPP. (5 days post publishing!)


Hi again,

So, here we are at blog number 2, (I still don’t think I’ll get used to the name, Blog,  sounds too much like bog, which puts one in mind of a crappy read whilst you are still unable to move from the throne after a bad meal, if you see what I mean!!!)
Anyway...

It was Lewis’s turn,
‘Mother...,’ he gets all formal when he’s telling me what he wants me to do, he forgets I powdered his botty when he couldn’t even string two words together,  the formality is usually because of the time difference between  countries and lifestyles, me here in the U.K.  getting up at silly o’clock in the morning to get to LHR T5, and reading his emails in the evening after a snooze, dinner and a G&T or a Vodka & coke, and he, running ‘microplus’, a business  he and his fiancée Franci, started a few years ago in S.A. They get up when they wake and yes, I can feel the hot African sun as I type...  Ohh hang on...  maybe not, it’s a hot flush or a ‘tropical moment’ as my sister would say.  Anyone got any recommendations for beating them; bar a cowpat on my head in a field full of silage I’ll try anything!!!  Anyway I digress, ‘read this’ Lewis continues. So I read and find that there are some really funny blogs out there, witty, enthusiastic , clever and really just downright enjoyable. I’m really jealous. I wish I could write half as well as most of the authors he mentioned. I’m not sure how my own words will be received but here they are...

Today, I know without a doubt I sold one ebook, I was at work in T5 and an officer was looking at facebook on her iphone (I must add she was on a break at the time) and she happened to see a picture of me dressed as a dead schoolgirl, (A Halloween outing with a couple of friends, I must say I  have never noticed before just how skinny my legs are!) and posted next to the picture was a link with a review for Tessellation Saga, Prophecy’s Heir. I commented it was my book and after looking at the blurb she downloaded it, paying the 3.86GBP asked without hesitation. I very nearly burst into tears on the spot.  Ok so I’ll not make a million anytime soon but the feeling of satisfaction that I achieved, someone other than my family had read my stuff , enjoyed it and influenced another person enough into buying a copy was absolutely amazing. I was on a high all day. So just to confuse the issue, tonight’s tipple of choice was a really, no, a really nice Merlot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment